Swim Strong Foundation’s mission is to save and change lives through water safety education and teaching swimming skills. We provide affordable swim programs to STOP the drowning. We guide students from age three through adult towards a healthy lifestyle via exercise, proper nutrition and competitive sports.
We Save Lives by Offering Affordable Swim Programs:
- We stop the drowning.
- We train beginner through competitive levels.
- We train children, teens, adults and seniors.
- We educate, challenge, and inspire.
What We’ve Done:
Since 2009 we have provided 8136 people with lessons and 2401 scholarships ($525,219 in services) to children so they can learn water safety and swimming skills! 86 children joined community based swim teams; 84 joined US Swim Clubs; 51 joined their high school teams; 15 joined their college teams; 86 are now coaching other community based swim teams; 7 joined a US Diving team; 92 became certified lifeguards; 6 obtained their WSI Certification; 5 have enlisted in the Coast Guard; 9 in the Navy; 2 in the Marines; 1 became a commercial diver; 2 joined the NYPD; 1 became an Emergency Medical Technician and 4 joined US Water polo.
Did You Know?
- All it takes is 2″ of water and 2 minutes to drown?
- Drowning is the 2nd leading cause of death for children; 5th leading cause for people of all ages in the U. S.
- African American children have the highest rates of death by drowning, three times higher than any other demographic group.
- Swimming is the best all-around exercise for a great cardio/pulmonary and total body workout which can positively impact people with obesity, coronary, type 2 diabetes and other chronic diseases.
- Competency in swimming opens the doors to other water based sports and offers opportunities for college scholarships.
- The life lessons learned from personal achievements in swimming include discipline, confidence, goal setting, commitment, perseverance, resiliency and team work. These traits are integrated throughout one’s life time; in our academics; careers and community service.
Swim Strong Foundation
P.O. Box 701165
East Elmhurst, NY 11370