Swim Strong provides affordable swim programs to PREVENT drowning. We guide students from age three through adult towards a healthy lifestyle via skill training, exercise, nutrition and competitive sports.
Importantly in our communities, students learn how to survive rip currents, and conduct themselves safely and with confidence in and around the water.
- Drowning is the second leading cause of death for children 14 and younger in the U. S. Learning water safety and swimming skills reduces drowning and water based accidents by 88%.
- African American children have the highest rates of death by drowning, three times higher than Caucasian peers.
- Knowledge of water safety is necessary in our increasingly more watery world. Education as to the difference in the nature and dangers of different bodies of water is critical. With knowledge, we can make decisions that will keep us safe in and around water.
- Swimming is the best all-around exercise for a great cardio/pulmonary and total body workout which can positively impact people with obesity, type 2 diabetes, coronary and other chronic diseases.
- Competency in swimming opens the doors to other sports and offers opportunities for college scholarships.
- The life lessons learned from personal achievements in swimming include discipline, confidence, goal setting, commitment, perseverance, resiliency and team work. These traits can be integrated into a student’s academic work, social environment, career, and on-going community activities.
Donate By Check
Please make out your check to “Swim Strong Foundation” and mail it to:
Swim Strong Foundation
P.O. Box 701165
East Elmhurst NY 11370
Your donations will help school children receive ”Know Before You Go ™, The Curriculum”
- $15 per student
- $750 for 50 students
- $1,500 for 100 students
- $7,500 for 500 students
- $15,000 for 1,000 students
- $75,000 for 5,000 students
Your donations help us save and transform lives through the gift of swim lessons!
- $15 buys a child a swim cap
- $50 buys a child a swim suit
- $180 buys a series of 8 introductory swim lessons for a child
- $360 buys a series of 8 learn to swim lessons for a child
- $1,800 buys lessons for 5 students
- $3,600 buys lessons for 10 students
- $7,200 buys lessons for 20 students